Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Registered Nurse- Home Care Weekend Coordinator- Full Time, Days
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago’s Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Home Care Weekend Coordinator.
Provides clinical leadership and support to licensed and unlicensed staff, by supervising and coordinating multidisciplinary team services during weekend hours. Assists in achievement of agency-wide goals and objectives related to patient care.
- Coordinates the activities of a multidisciplinary team which may consist of RNs, LPNs, CNAs, PTs, OTs, STs, and MSWs during weekend hours.
- Works with Clinical Supervisors in completing weekend schedule. Responsible for additions and adjustment to schedule as needed.
- Represent the agency as a 7 day 24-hour service by providing office support during scheduled hours.
- Serve as a liaison between field staff and physicians and other related personnel.
- Communicates with Home Care Coordinators, outside facilities, and On-Call Nurse regarding new referrals and hospital discharges.
- Communicates with supervisor or on call as needed.Communicates with Clinical Supervisors and Directors regarding weekend activities/issues as needed to assure continuity of care.
- Provided patient care as scheduled/needed during weekend hours as outlined in Registered Nurse Weekend Program job description.
- Provides input for performance evaluations for the licensed and unlicensed clinical staff.
- Complies with state and federal rules and regulations and JCAHO standards.
- Assists in the preparation of operating statistics, as necessary.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities.
- Recognizes the need for cost effectiveness and uses supplies and equipment carefully and efficiently.
- Participates in utilization review of clinical records to assure compliance with state and federal rules and regulations and JCAHO standards.
- Commits to one hundred percent (100%) patient and customer satisfaction by always exhibiting a courteous and helpful manner during interactions with others, including patients, families, visitors, physicians, students and co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current state of Illinois nursing license.
- Current CPR is required.
- Possesses and maintains a valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance and has the availability of personal and dependable mode(s) of transportation to conduct home visits.
- Minimum of 3 years as a registered nurse; one year home care experience preferred.
- Knowledge in Medicare/Medicaid regulations, third party payer guidelines, and JCAHO standards for home care preferred.
Why Join Us:
For nearly a century we have pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for qualit