Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Program Assistant - Full Time -Days
Under the general supervision of the director/manager of the Interventional Radiology Unit, the Program Assistant tracks, schedules and registers clients; performs other average to complex clerical duties as requested. Assists in the marketing and overall coordination of the program. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Explains procedures and protocols of the department to the patients and significant others.
- Provides family/significant others with comfort measures, as observed by other staff.
- Reacts to emergency situations calmly and effectively with care and comfort in mind.
- Demonstrate a positive, supportive attitude to patients, families and other personnel consistently, and in emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Displays patience and tact when dealing with patients families and other health professional.
- Communicates relevant changes in patient condition or in the plan of treatment to appropriate personnel, assuring accuracy and continuity.
- Provides clerical support for the Interventional Radiology department and its personnel.
- Creates memos, correspondence, purchase orders, and letters.
- Maintains files, patient information and correspondence on computer as directed.
- Prepares agenda and generates meeting minutes for all staff meetings.
- Orders and maintains office and medical supplies, maintaining in proper quantities in the department on an ongoing basis.
- Records scheduled appointments in schedule book and enters appropriate charges in the computer.
- Receives all incoming calls/mail for the department, transferring general calls or forwarding complete messages.
- Prepare and maintains department filing system and records keeping, including confidential information, on a daily basis.
- Coordinates mailing for special events.
- Assists with coordination of special functions.
- Carries out all physician orders and documents on appropriate form.
- Performs related clinical duties as assigned.
- Performs as Medical Assistant in Interventional Radiology Clinic.
- Takes and records patient’s pulse, blood pressure, height and weight.
- Assists care coordinators in workflow during critical periods.
- High school graduate.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Insurance verification experience preferred.
- Three years minimum experience in a health care setting. Prior experience in the performance of medical assistant duties.
- Experience interacting with patients.
- Demonstrates basic office skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior clerical experience with high degree of public contact preferably in a health care setting.
- CPR certified.
- Must be able to demonstrate moderate typing abilities (35-40 wpm).